cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

channel 4 Catch Up

newengland
Tuning in

Hi,

The only channel I can get on channel4 catch up is MORE4, where are the other channels? 
Point of information: My Tivo box is Old!

Can somebody help please.  Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

C4 insist on using their own branded app for OnDemand, which the legacy TiVo doesn't have. You will either need to record programmes that you know you'll want to watch, or change your box to a newer one.

You can upgrade to the newer V6, which runs TiVo software on much quicker hardware. Or convert to the newer TV360 which runs fundamentally different software on the same box as the V6.

Faulty TiVo's are replaced with V6 as a matter of course, providing you have VM home broadband. Does your TiVo have any faults?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

C4 insist on using their own branded app for OnDemand, which the legacy TiVo doesn't have. You will either need to record programmes that you know you'll want to watch, or change your box to a newer one.

You can upgrade to the newer V6, which runs TiVo software on much quicker hardware. Or convert to the newer TV360 which runs fundamentally different software on the same box as the V6.

Faulty TiVo's are replaced with V6 as a matter of course, providing you have VM home broadband. Does your TiVo have any faults?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi japitts, thank you for your reply. My Tivo is working fine, It looks like I'll have to replace it. Should I go straight to the TV360. I do have VM Broadband.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@newengland wrote:

My Tivo is working fine, It looks like I'll have to replace it. Should I go straight to the TV360.

Nothing stops you from a fault replacement V6, and then subsequently (if you decide) a software conversion to TV360.

A comparison between V6 & TV360 is very much like a comparison between Apple & Android. Use the forum's search function to find innumerate past threads on the subject.

I'd recommend trying to get a V6 if you can, the 360 is missing a lot of features compared to the TiVo\V6.

As for the Channel 4 catchup, as Japitts says, ideally you should try and record everything as even if you get a new box that supports the Channel 4 app you'll find that the programs are rammed full of unskippable ads that make them almost unwatchable. If you have a smart TV, AppleTV or Firestick type device then you can probably already get the Channel 4 app anyway.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Also consider that no new apps have been developed for the TiVo or V6 for some years, it's all being done for the 360 and Stream. Check them out here.

https://home.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/your-new-virgin-tv-apps 

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection