cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't watch recording from Sky Witness

vfish
Joining in

Today I can't watch old recordings from Sky Witness, TiVo tells me channel is locked and then that Virgin media no longer carries the channel but I can watch it so that's not true...

The channel number has changed since I made these recordings but I don't think that should affect it.

Hoping someone can suggest a fix for me.

Any ideas gratefully received! Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are the old recordings in SD?
The SD version of the channel was removed sometime ago. SD recordings will have remained available for a period to allow viewing.

Bear in mind that Virgin’s agreements with the broadcasters “permit the recording of programmes for the purpose of viewing at a more convenient time” i.e temporary time-shifting. Your box is not meant to be used as an archive.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply. I am guilty of recording a whole series of something and not watching it for quite a while and I've been gradually catching up with some older recordings. I've updated my series links to the plus 1 channels because they still seem to be ok.

Thanks again

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You could also update your series links to the HD versions, and benefit from improved picture quality.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi vfish,

Thanks for the update and glad to hear this has now been resolved by updating the series links 🙂

If you need us again in the future, please let us know.

Rob

For a long time for various reasons around other people in the house not being able to work out how to change inputs on the TV, we watched through a scart cable, so I'm not in the hd habit because I don't think we were getting the benefit!  I will eventually move on. Thanks again for your help.