cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading TiVo box

Conventgirl82
Joining in

Can someone please help. My mum has a really old stand alone box with SCART cables. Obviously it won’t connect to a new smart tv and so needs replacing. I can’t work out how on earth to contact VM to sort this out - just keep getting stuck in a loop by dialling 150. The customer service is appalling. Be grateful if anyone else who has had success could advise or even better someone from VM get in touch

4 REPLIES 4

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

SCART is not the issue as the box connects to a TV with an HDMI cable. Does this work?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The legacy TiVo has a SCART & HDMI connection, so your Mum just needs to run an HDMI lead from the TiVo to her current TV.

Although the point about the TiVo being old is fair - don't complicate the call to CS, it runs a grave risk of being sold a conversion to TV360 which opens a large can of worms that is only best done so on a very well informed & prepared basis. I sense you're not in this position.

TiVo's which are diagnosed faulty are replaced with V6 as a matter of course - these run the exact same software but on a much newer & more capable box. Does your Mum's TiVo have any service faults? The forum staff could pick that up if so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@japitts wrote:

The legacy TiVo has a SCART & HDMI connection, so your Mum just needs to run an HDMI lead from the TiVo to her current TV.

Although the point about the TiVo being old is fair - don't complicate the call to CS, it runs a grave risk of being sold a conversion to TV360 which opens a large can of worms that is only best done so on a very well informed & prepared basis. I sense you're not in this position.

TiVo's which are diagnosed faulty are replaced with V6 as a matter of course - these run the exact same software but on a much newer & more capable box. Does your Mum's TiVo have any service faults? The forum staff could pick that up if so.

Just to add to that, V6 boxes require a separate VM broadband connection as they don't have an internal modem, unlike the of TiVo boxes

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Conventgirl82 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

The community is right about the TiVo box just needing to be connected via HDMI and not SCART.

We can see from checking you've spoke to the team and sorted this out since posting 🙂

Let us know if you need further help.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill