cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have sound issues on Really channel, any ideas

Angiepod
Just joined

I have a tivo and the sound on Really channel is dodgy, we have retuned but no joy. Any ideas.

26 REPLIES 26

petersladdie
Dialled in

I am not sure which TV box I have but for the second day in a row while watching channel 128 (Really) the sound is intermittent. I have rebooted the box but it is still the same. I used the Virgin Media app to run a check but it didnt find anything wrong. the help guide said to chat on line or call. the chat button didnt work and my Virgin O2 mobile wouldnt connect to 150.

so how do we contact to customer services? do they still exist?

the Really channel sound was perfect when I tried it on Freeview so I know that it is not my TV.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @petersladdie 

For Virgin Media TV, Broadband or Home Phone queries, dial 150 from your Virgin Landline or call 0345 454 1111 from your mobile (it's included in your free minutes, but chargeable after 60 minutes so redial if the call is going over the hour mark).

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Based on the information you provided, it seems you are facing an issue with the sound intermittently cutting out while watching channel 128 (Really) on your TV box provided by Virgin Media.

Here are a few suggestions on how you can contact Virgin Media customer service:

• Website: Visit the Virgin Media website (www.virginmedia.com) and look for the customer support section. There should be options to start an online chat or raise a support ticket.
  • Phone: You can try calling Virgin Media's customer service number. The general customer service number is 0345 454 1111 (from a Virgin line) or 0345 454 1112 (from another provider's line).
  • Social Media: You can reach out to Virgin Media's customer support team on their official social media channels like Twitter (@virginmedia) or Facebook (www.facebook.com/virginmedia).
  • Virgin Media Store: If there is a Virgin Media retail store near you, you can visit and speak to a representative in person.
  • Account Management: If you have access to your Virgin Media online account, there may be options to request support or report an issue through the account portal.

It's recommended to have your account details and any relevant information (like your TV box model, issue details, etc.) ready when contacting customer service to help them assist you better.

If the online chat button on the website isn't working, using one of the other contact methods should allow you to get in touch with Virgin Media's customer service team to resolve the intermittent sound issue you're experiencing with the Really channel.

Dog blog

Hi @petersladdie,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble with the audio from your TV service. I've checked over things on our systems but I'm not detecting any known faults currently that would explain this. Are things any better today?

If the issue is still present, have you noticed it on any other channels that you're aware of or only that one? Have you also ensured all of the connections to and from both the TV and the box are tight and secure?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Sharsie27
Tuning in

The sound keeps cutting out especially on HGTV channel but it does it on terrestrial channels  too. HGTV seems to be the worst though as it can be every minute or more.  Doesn't matter whether I'm on live, delay or recorded. Rebooting box doesn't help. It's really annoying. Any ideas. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've mentioned HGTV, but which specific terrestrial channels are also affected?

How is your V6 connected to your TV/AV kit - is it optical/HDMI?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Sharsie27,

Just checked on my 360 box and HGTV sound is cutting out intermittently, checked on the TV's freeview and it's OK, so it looks like a Virgin problem. Nothing showing on the service status so if you are anywhere near south Manchester it might be a local issue that's not been reported or if you live in a different region then it's a general problem Virgin have.

If you post which other channels you are having problems with that might help.

I'm in Scotland so definitely not a local problem. I noticed it today on channel 4 too but its not as frequent as it is on HGTV. Channel 4 also pixilated at same time. But HGTV its just the sound but it is couple of times a minute making it almost impossible to watch, it's so annoying.

TV connected by fairly new HDMI cable. I noticed it today on channel 4 but it was only the once and during adverts. The actual programme was fine.