cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying To Return TIVO Box Since March 2022

Paul_S
Joining in

Hello

I had to cancel my tv subscription earlier in the year and needed to return the TIVO box back.  After arranging for the equipment to be collected on 8th March, no one turned up. After several months of telephone calls and being informed that someone would contact me wihin 24 hours, then within a week to arrange collection. Nothing. Then on the last call, I was informed that I did not need to send the box back and that I could dispose of it at my discretion. Also that I would stop receiving emails asking for the box to be returned.

I have had another email stating that I need to return the box. However, I no longer have it as it went out in the rubbish. You can't tell me one thing and then a few days later, something else. I have been a VM customer for over 20 years and until a few months ago, your customer service has been great. Please sort this out and stop sending me emails asking for it back.

Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Paul_S 

Are you certain that you had a TIVO box, and not a V6 box which runs on the TIVO interface?

A lot of people get mixed up between the two.

You can check the boxes <<< here >>> 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

It was a TIVO box according to the last email I had. Arris TiVo® box 1TB Serial number *Hidden*

Hello @Paul_S

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry for the confusion here. It's a V6 box and we would need that back but I have done a system check and can see we've mistakenly advised no return needed. I'll PM you to confirm some details, then email the equipment team to remove it and then you'll stop getting emails.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @Paul_S

Thanks for joining me on PM. I have emailed the returns team to ask them to remove the equipment from the account and also supress any emails to be sent to you. It's our mistake so I can only apologise for this and can confirm you should based on what I've done, receive no more contact about it.

Thanks for allowing me to sort this for you.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

@John_GS Thank you for sorting this out for me.  It is very much appreciated.

Hi @Paul_S thanks for your message. We don't need to PM however 🙂

I've contacted the returns team so they can sort this for you. Ignore the email

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team