cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo box

EThompson
Joining in

My dad is 82 and I’ve tried to sort to get his box back up and running but I still have a constant orange light. I’ve tried to follow the answers from previous questions but am struggling. How do I arrange an engineer without spending/ hrs on the phone waiting for someone to pick up! Help! Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM staff do respond on these boards although it's not an immediate service. Youve mentioned following previous answers but not what those were, which may be useful to know.

Have you tried restarting your Dad's box by using the rear-rocker-switch to power it off/on?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @EThompson,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that your father is having some issues with his TiVo box recently. As @japitts has also asked, can you please clarify what diagnostics and troubleshooting you've carried out thus far in an effort to remedy this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi, I’ve ensured all cables connected, bought a new HDMI cable and replaced his remote control. I’ve also rebooted the box but it’s still amber. I’m not sure if he needs a new box? Thanks 

Thanks for coming back to us @EThompson.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for your father and run some diagnostics on our system but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi EThompson,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat and providing all the relevant information, glad to hear after trying a new Ethernet cable in the TV Box this is now working for your Dad.

In case you have any further issues with the TV service, you can find further support here, If you do need any further help with anything else, do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.