cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not starting up after reset

Cal05um
Joining in

I’ve reset my TiVo box to clear the recordings. It’s been 4 hrs since i did this and it’s saying starting up. Then says sit tight it may take an hour. 4 hours on and it’s still resetting. Can anybody help😩

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It doesn't sound very well and you'll be best calling in to report that.

Only thought is whether you've got the green "DVR has detected an error" warning of 3hours to complete.

That is terminal if so, and means box replacement.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It doesn't sound very well and you'll be best calling in to report that.

Only thought is whether you've got the green "DVR has detected an error" warning of 3hours to complete.

That is terminal if so, and means box replacement.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Cal05um,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your TV box looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. 

I can see on our side you've been able to contact us like Japitts suggested and an engineer visit has been scheduled which is great!

They will take a good look at the device and try to resolve it. However, if you have any further issues after they have been, please come straight back so we can continue to help. 

Kind regards,

Megan_L