cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No humans to talk to anymore.....

SiobhanT
On our wavelength

I've tried calling 3 times and each time the call ends "goodbye" with zero option to talk to  anyone.

So this is my last ditch attempt....

I have a Serires Link set up to record a specific show on 4 times a week - which it is not. I have checked the settings and it is all set up except it has completely missed out this weeks' recordings. As I PAY for this service (now about to increase in April, again) I don't appreciate having to watch the recording via a FREEVIEW app with ads. Can anyone here help at all?

I'm at my wits end with Virgin

10 REPLIES 10

Nevisthedog
Joining in

I’m new to virgin broadband and media and I have to agree, the help and support are noticeably unhelpful and very hard to get to speak to a person.

Tavis75
Super solver

What program is it?

And what are your series link settings for it?

Possible that if they are set to "New only" that the program was not flagged as new (either by error or bnecause for some reason it was not considered new). Other reasons could be a loss of signal\powercut or the program having previously been recorded.

You should also be able to check "Recording Hiccups" to see why the program was not recorded, which could give a big clue as to the problem.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SiobhanT wrote:

I have a Serires Link set up to record a specific show on 4 times a week - which it is not.

Specifics will help here, some covered by Tavis but I'll wade in.

1: What is the programme name?

2: What are the timeslots you think should be recording, and aren't?

3: What shows in Recording Hiccups for the timeslots you think should be recording.

4: What's the series link config? Importantly, what is "record" set to? New, New & Reruns or everything?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

SiobhanT
On our wavelength

Does anyone know how to talk to an actual human being at VM? Seems impossible now....I can't see well ad have arthritis so this WhatsApp way of solving issues is both tiresome, lengthy and incredibly frustrating. The worse thing is I'm locked into this forsaken company til November so my hands are tied. I've tried holding and it just says "thank you, goodbye" and then you have to start the 7th circle of hell all over again

not hard - impossible. I even tried asking the WhatsApp person and he didn't know the option, either. Can't wait to leave.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's a very good chance you could get some help on here, and not need to call in. I dare say that quite a few CS agents won't know the TiVo-system half as well as some users on this forum.

Just answer some of the questions that have been posed, and experienced users can either provide a solution - or point you in the direction of the email inbox for guide errors.

It may sound blunt, but much depends whether you've come on here to have a rant or seek help. Edited to add: Please don't start new threads for the same question, it's not generally considered good forum etiquette. Just click "reply" and answer what's been asked - I am confident you will get good help on *this* forum thread. @SiobhanT 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

SiobhanT
On our wavelength

Yes - I want to know how to get through to a human being.

Hi SiobhanT,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're having some recording issues. 

As japitts has advised, it would be helpful to have a bit more information in order for us to help. 

If you're able to answer the questions he's asked.

Alex_Rm

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'll try one final time - are you posting to complain about VM's telephone CS? Or wanting help with the issue that's caused you to call in the first place.

If you want help with the issue, don't assume you need to call.