cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miss sold contract

RiBas
Joining in

I renewed my contract in Sept 23 as I didn't want the price to increase. I was assured by the call handler that my contract would be fixed for the term of the deal and would not increase. Surprisingly I've had an email now saying my price was going up by 8.8% .

I've called the complaints team and theve said that although the call representative said it would be a fixed amount the contract states otherwise.

I've had enough of Virgin fleecing me over the 15 years I've been with them. I've now requested a deadlock letter but in the meantime I have to pay the increased amount.

As a disabled forces veteran I think this is disgusting. The only reason I signed back on in Sept was because I was assured there would be no anual price increase. Virgin now want £400 for me to end my contract or pay the extra.

Sir Richard should hang his head in shame.

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This will come down to your word against the call handling agent - I would suggest requesting the call recording via a D-SAR at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar-faq 

Mid-contract price rises were baked into all VM's contracts as of early 2023, I can't recall the exact date but September was well inside the cut-off.

Richard Branson has very little to do with Virgin Media - VM's parent company is Liberty Global who have a brand licensing agreement with the Virgin Group.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I requested the call recording but apparently it doesn't exist. Highly suspicious me thinks...

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don't believe VM have ever claimed "all calls are recorded", though I'm happy to be corrected.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey RiBas, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear there is a contract problem.

We only records our calls for training purposes not all calls are recorded. 

I can see you've spoke to some agents after this post, did the manage to help? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hello Matt.

Thanks for reaching out. I was told when I called a couple of days ago that, even if the agent in Sept told me over the phone that the price would not change and gave me assurance of this it's written in the contract. Hence he promised one thing and gave another.

I've been a VM member for over 15 years and to be basically told that. Tough your stuck with us. It's a little frustrating.

I requested this be escalated and it's now being passed over to offcom. But in the mean time I have to pay the extra.

Regards

Rich

Hello RiBas.

Thanks for your reply.

Would you like me to take a look at this for you?

I will need to pass security over a private message first.

If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L