cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing fibre cable

DW26
Joining in

Currently with UPP broadband but my contract ends on the 1st June when it switches to Virgin. How will my old fibre cable be removed ???

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should contact Upp

https://www.upp.com/portal/   and 

https://www.upp.com/portal/support/my-account-and-bills/contacting-customer-support 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I have tried but they said they won't take it down 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

As an aside, are you certain that there will be no delay with the Virgin service? 

New VM connections which require a cable installation are often delayed, and it is usually recommended on here that an existing service is not cancelled until VM is in and working satisfactorily.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Why would they take it down?

Surely Virgin will be using that fibre for its services?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Moving from UUP to Virgin Media is purely a paperwork exercise, as UPP has been absorbed by Virgin Media. The infrastructure used to deliver your services does not change.

"Virgin Media has confirmed that they will still be delivering services over UPP's network once integration is complete"

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2024/01/virgin-media-uk-update-on-plan-to-withdraw-upps-full-f... 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

UPP's network will be absorbed into nextfibre's. As nextfibre is a wholesaler there could be another ISP who wants to deliver service, thus providing competition to VM. The last thing you want to do is get the cabling removed even if you were allowed to do so.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

DW26
Joining in

I already have a new supplier with a totally new fibre connection I have no use for the old one 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

This might just be the shape of things to come. I have a redundant VM coax cable, a working BT fibre cable and am now looking at replacing that with an alt-net connection which will come via another fibre (yet to be installed). If the future requires us to switch suppliers every 18 months to 2 years for cost reasons, you might need all of your connections in place to be able to switch easily and without additional future cost. It would make no sense from a supplier's POV to go around removing their infrastructure once it is installed.