cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sky sports desktop player not buffering

Rubiedo
Joining in

hi

So I downloaded the sky sports desktop player and for some reason it will not run properly.

i have deleted SKY_GB-SKY_SKYSPORTS and removed the app. restarted PC and reinstalled.

Still dont work.

It loads for a few seconds then plays in fast forward to catch up, then loads for a few seconds and the plays in fast forward to catch up.

please can anyone help as its infurating that it works on tablet and mobile but not on the pc

many thanks

tom

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Tom,

I know it doesn't seem to make sense, there have been lot's of different ways to resolve this when looking at the sky forums.

The one that's seemed have had the most issue resolved posts (including on here) is where people have swapped the default sound device (you might need to reset it to default as there are different options such as bluetooth, line out etc) and then restarting the sky sports player.

Others have had to check browser settings and then turning off hardware acceleration if it's enabled.

In the past it's also been caused by a keyboard problem. Have you tried disconnecting the keyboard?

Other users have had two monitors attached and had to turn one of them off.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Rubiedo,

Firstly welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry that you are having this issue. What we would advise you do is to try using a different browser and to see if this works for you. Alternatively if you follow the advice given by @newapollo and let us know how that goes.

Hope to hear back soon. Joe