cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV app for windows

lello
On our wavelength

Hi

I had tv go app installed on my windows 10 laptop, this evening I couldn't get app to open at all, so I uninstalled it with a view to reinstall it. At the moment I can't seem to reinstall tv go app, if I go to Microsoft store and look for virgin media tv go app, nothing comes up, I can't find it in the store! if if go to store through the virgin media link I end up in Microsoft windows store with an "get in store app" button, when I click on button another window opens  with virgin tv go, but there is no download button! not sure what I'm doing wrong. could someone please point me in the right direction. see screen shot.

Thanks

No download linkNo download link

29 REPLIES 29

lello
On our wavelength

Hi

Spent nearly 3 hours on the phone last night, we tried Edge, we installed Firefox, and VLC, we rebooted laptop 5 times, we cleared history 3 times! all to no avail. guy then said he could help me any further and would put me through to gadget rescue, spoke to a lady who took my details (including my phone number in case we were cut off) she then put me on hold, waited 25 minutes on hold only to be cut off (this was the second time i had been cut off yesterday. I was almost going to give up when i had a phone call an hour ago to apologise about getting cut off, they put me through to gadget rescue who told me it was a Virgin problem and they couldn't help me, so transferred back to virgin who tried to help, put me on hold and guess what, just been cut off again, what is it with a phone company that keeps cutting people off and even though  they made sure they had a phone to call me back in case we GET CUT OFF they dont ring back. My daughter was with Virgin and no end of trouble and switched to Sky and said it was the best thing she had done, i may well follow her. As a footnote to anyone that thinks they can help me with TV GO, when i log onto sky sports I can watch tv on laptop without a problem, so is it my laptop or virgin TV GO that is at fault? So now been 1/2 hr since got cut off and no call back!!! , maybe it was too much of a problem for the guy and decided it was to much for him to handle, and before anybody asks, I have kept my cool while talking to Virgin and and not been rude.

Lello

lello
On our wavelength

Hi

Spent nearly 3 hours on the phone last night, we tried Edge, we installed Firefox, and VLC, we rebooted laptop 5 times, we cleared history 3 times! all to no avail. guy then said he could help me any further and would put me through to gadget rescue, spoke to a lady who took my details (including my phone number in case we were cut off) she then put me on hold, waited 25 minutes on hold only to be cut off (this was the second time i had been cut off yesterday. I was almost going to give up when i had a phone call an hour ago to apologise about getting cut off, they put me through to gadget rescue who told me it was a Virgin problem and they couldn't help me, so transferred back to virgin who tried to help, put me on hold and guess what, just been cut off again, what is it with a phone company that keeps cutting people off and even though  they made sure they had a phone to call me back in case we GET CUT OFF they dont ring back. My daughter was with Virgin and no end of trouble and switched to Sky and said it was the best thing she had done, i may well follow her. As a footnote to anyone that thinks they can help me with TV GO, when i log onto sky sports I can watch tv on laptop without a problem, so is it my laptop or virgin TV GO that is at fault? So now been 1/2 hr since got cut off and no call back!!! , maybe it was too much of a problem for the guy and decided it was to much for him to handle, and before anybody asks, I have kept my cool while talking to Virgin and and not been rude.

Lello

lello
On our wavelength

Hi

I have given up trying to get TV Go working on my laptop after spending hours on the phone to Virgin with the last guy almost told me to get another laptop!!

I'm away this weekend and really wanted to watch Virgin on my laptop whilst away. I then decided to try watching TVGo on my Amazon HD10 tab only to be presented with the same same problem as laptop. However I have 6006 after the fault on the Amazon screen, 

(NOT AVAILABLE sorry we can’t play this at the moment. 6006)

I am at my wit's end: what is it with Virgin media? They seem to be more focused on getting more people to join (and upset them) than helping the people that are paying for a service that doesn't  work.

I have now resigned to the fact that I will have to put up with limited Hotel TV this weekend.

Very unhappy customer.

Lello

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi lello 👋

Thanks for providing us with a further update on this. I'm deeply sorry to hear about the experience when calling our team. Can you please try to sign in to Virgin TV:GO on another device, to see if the same error displays?

If you're seeing an error, can you please screenshot it, and send it to us here (excluding personal details)? Can you also check to enure that you don't have any VPNs, or Content Blockers active?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

lello
On our wavelength

Hi

I have tried Virgin TVGo on a very slow old laptop and it works, also works on my Samsung galaxy phone, my main PC and obviously the TV, does not work on my main work laptop and Amazon HD10 tab.

"Sorry - we can't play this at the moment 0" on laptop:

and "Sorry - we can't play this at the moment 6006 on Amazon HD10 tab

As I have mentioned on my other posts, spent nearly 3 hours on the phone with Virgin guy going through all the obvious stuff, trying different browser, VPN,  Blockers etc.

as a footnote, I can watch Sky sports app on laptop without a problem, so, seems strange sky works and virgin doesn't.

Lello

Are you just having issues with watching Sky sports  on the Tv Go?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lello wrote:

Hi

I have tried Virgin TVGo on a very slow old laptop and it works, also works on my Samsung galaxy phone, my main PC and obviously the TV, does not work on my main work laptop and Amazon HD10 tab.

"Sorry - we can't play this at the moment 0" on laptop:

and "Sorry - we can't play this at the moment 6006 on Amazon HD10 tab

Lello

Hi again Lello.

VM TVGo isn't supported on Amazon devices as per the screenshot below from

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/how-to-use-virgin-tv-go-app 

Clipboard01.jpg

Fire OS is a custom version (or fork) of android and the operating system that runs Amazon Fire TV and tablet devices. These devices restrict you to using the Amazon Appstore and hence the apps officially available. You can however sideload and install Google's Play Store to gain access to more android apps and games, although they aren't guaranteed to work fully on the Fire devices.  I have sideloaded TVGo onto a firestick in the past and had it running, although I also needed to sideload a utility app called mouse toggle to allow me use the onscreen cursor to navigate the screens, all told very slow and cubersome on a firestick (and again not supported by VM)

It's possible that your work laptop has placed restrictions on what's allowed to run on the device, or amended the way it surfs the internet ie even though you aren't aware it may be placing the traffic via a VPN or firewall which isn't compatable with TVGo.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

lello
On our wavelength

Hi

Thanks for trying to help, the work laptop is mine, TVGo did work last time I took it away (about 6 months ago) while at home there is no reason to use laptop to watch TV, so not tried using TVGo until 2 days ago. I haven't tried an app for the amazon tab, as I can get into TVGo using the Browser and can see all programs listed, just will not show any programs ( just the black screen with fault) I'm going to try and see if Sky Sports app works on the Tab (it does on the laptop) 

Lello

lello
On our wavelength

Sky sports is another app, I don't watch Sky Sports through Tv Go.

Hello lello,

Can we ask if you are able to watch Sky Go okay?

Logging in using the same details

Gareth_L