cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports error code OVP_00200

999emergency
On our wavelength

Hi, I hope that somebody can help please.

I've been accessing Sky Sports through the sky sports app without issue for ages. Last night I decided to put the football on while I was dealing with some emails and got the error code along with the message " Sorry, your session has expired. Please sign out and in again on the website". When I did that I had the same message again and again and again.

I have tried the following:

Rebooting the Hub. Uninstalling and re installing the Sky Sports App. Clearing the cache in Microsoft Edge (current version of Edge running in Windows 10). Defragged the machine. Restarted the machine. Switched the machine off, letting everything cool, then starting cold. Logging in directly to Sky Sports and letting the app just act as the desktop player. There might have been a couple of other things as it consumed my evening.

This morning the same issue after a night of being switched off. I think that I've done most of the "DOH!!" things, including checking TNT sports intermittently, where everything is working fine....

I don't know whether this is a fresh problem, just mine or whether it's more widespread? The last time that everything worked was 48 hours earlier with NO activity on the intervening 24 hours.

Any help would be gratefully received 🙂

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pabx
On our wavelength

Very weird - had same problem.  Rebooted and found an extra login screen after connecting to sky through selecting a sky channel on VTV go.   On second try it let me log in to the virgin sign in and could select live, then desktop player and get to the match (although Sky said it was a different one) They seem to be mucking around with adverts for the new tennis channel which was shown on this extra login page. .Might not work for you but worth a try.  Make sure you've logged out of all sky pages.   Using Opera browser as Chrome didn't used to work

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

24 REPLIES 24

lyeates0766
Tuning in

Hi, not a reply but a nnote to say I'm also having this issue. I access via Chrome. I have had this issue in the past but a log out/log in has usually sorted it but not this time.

VM - help please!!!

mattgtd
Joining in

Same here, all working fine on Sunday, but tried logging in on Monday and had those errors, I'm on a Macbook, virgin tv go is working fine, just not the sky sports, oh and the skysports app is working on my iPad, just not on the Macbook. V annoying!

pajmurray10
Joining in

I'm also having the same problem since Monday. Using Chrome and a Macbook. Usually signing out and signing back in again works but no computer I used will log me in. This is clearly a problem, VM, and I remember something similar happened a couple of years ago, so please can someone look into it and sort it out? Thanks.

pabx
On our wavelength

Very weird - had same problem.  Rebooted and found an extra login screen after connecting to sky through selecting a sky channel on VTV go.   On second try it let me log in to the virgin sign in and could select live, then desktop player and get to the match (although Sky said it was a different one) They seem to be mucking around with adverts for the new tennis channel which was shown on this extra login page. .Might not work for you but worth a try.  Make sure you've logged out of all sky pages.   Using Opera browser as Chrome didn't used to work

999emergency
On our wavelength

Thank you, That was momentarily hopeful but did give me the same error code.

I'm stuck with Windows, which has been up and down recently with patches that only apply to a small number of systems, but those "improvements" were prior to this error....

I'll try dusting Chrome down and see whether I can get any joy, but thank you again!

999emergency
On our wavelength

Hi, I hope that somebody can help please.

I posted this earlier and when I "thanked" someone for trying to help VM logged the problem as being solved.

The problem is most definitely NOT solved 🙂

I've been accessing Sky Sports through the sky sports app without issue for ages. Last night I decided to put the football on while I was dealing with some emails and got the error code along with the message " Sorry, your session has expired. Please sign out and in again on the website". When I did that I had the same message again and again and again.

I have tried the following:

Rebooting the Hub. Uninstalling and re installing the Sky Sports App. Clearing the cache in Microsoft Edge (current version of Edge running in Windows 10). Defragged the machine. Restarted the machine. Switched the machine off, letting everything cool, then starting cold. Logging in directly to Sky Sports and letting the app just act as the desktop player. There might have been a couple of other things as it consumed my evening.

This morning the same issue after a night of being switched off. I think that I've done most of the "DOH!!" things, including checking TNT sports intermittently, where everything is working fine....

I don't know whether this is a fresh problem, just mine or whether it's more widespread? The last time that everything worked was 48 hours earlier with NO activity on the intervening 24 hours.

Any help would be gratefully received 

999emergency_0-1707999574218.png

Thanks

After finding I could still access the Sky Sports player on an old laptop on Edge - the same browser as I use on my newer laptop and finding it worked on Chrome on the newer laptop, I decided the problem had to be peculiar to the Edge browser on my newer laptop. I tried deleting the Cookies for Sky Sport and that worked for me.    

Thank you for posting this advice jonah1927.

If you need anything going forward please do let me know. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi 999emergency

Sorry to hear of the issues viewing Sky Sports via the app, we understand the confusion and frustration this is causing.

From what you have advised is seems this is via desktop, can you confirm the error code you get when trying to access the content? Have you tried to access this via a mobile device to see if the error happens there as well?

There is support here for the Sky Sports app that may help.

Rob