cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports App / Web - Unknown Error

Steve136
Joining in

Hi,

Trying to login to use the sky sports app or web for first time to watch and getting an "Unknown Error".

Tried on mobile app (pixel 7), tablet (Samsung A9+) and Chrome browser on laptop (plus mobile and tablet) but same error each time.

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing cache etc but not worked. No luck with online/WhatsApp customer services either

Have looked at forum but can't find an actual fix either unless I'm missing something.

Any help to get working much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Steve136, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this, also a warm welcome to the community.

Are you trying to access any red button stuff on the player or is nothing loading for you?

Is that the only issues you are getting, do any other errors pop up at all? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your response.

I'm just trying to access the app (or website). I click login, via virgin media, as soon as I enter email and password goes straight to "unexpected error". Same on apps and browsers. Have also tried Firefox and Edge since and no luck there either.

Thanks

Hi Steve136

We are sorry this still isn't working.

It looks like you have already completed all the general checks we would recommend.

We therefore would now need to raise an internal IT ticket for you.

I will send you a private message now.

Please look out for the envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello,

Just wanted to post back here as 6 weeks on this still hasn't been resolved.

Have been told a few times on customer chat/WhatsApp that it was being escalated and would be resolved but no luck.

Any other suggestions, please?

Thanks

Hi @Steve136 

Sorry to hear that this is still unresolved for you. 
I can see that you're already in an open private message with one of the forum team regarding this. 
They'll be able to assist further with any updates available for you should you still need. Just pop back to them through your already opened private messaged and they'll assist further. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley