cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sport

steve_bennett
Joining in

I have changed my tv package to include some sky sports channels, I can see the new channels on the tv but cannot see them in the Virgin go app. When I try and view the sport channel it tells me to go to the sky sports app.

I don’t want to do this. I would like to view what I am paying for

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @steve_bennett, and a very warm welcome to you!

Pleased to read that the great work of @newapollo strikes again, and you were pointed to the correct answer to the issue, in a very short period of time.

Do feel free to come back to us, if you experience any further issues or questions about the services.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @steve_bennett 

Due to the broadcasting agreement between VM and Sky, apart from being able to view the channels on your VM set top box, you can only access the Sky Sports channels by downloading and using the Sky Sports app, or by going to the skysports website in a browser.

You sign in by clicking on the Virgin TV UK icon and entering your My Virgin Media username and password

sky sports app.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

It’s rather odd, because when the TiVo box was re-started with the new package, I could view the sky channels (particularly Golf) on my phone and iPad.

I will try what you have suggested.

It’s working thank you 👌👍

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @steve_bennett, and a very warm welcome to you!

Pleased to read that the great work of @newapollo strikes again, and you were pointed to the correct answer to the issue, in a very short period of time.

Do feel free to come back to us, if you experience any further issues or questions about the services.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I was trying to do the same, and watch F1 on my mobile.

Logged in with e-mail and password, goes to next screen asking for surname and confirmation to T&Cs. The next screen gives me "There was an unexpected error".

How do I log in and use the app?

Hi AndyU,

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with the Sky Sports app, can you confirm if you've tried the advice from newapollo?

Alex_Rm