cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Virgin TV go app

Davo7
On our wavelength

I have the same EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING issue. When will Virgin Media resolve this? My contract is nearing its end and I will be going to Sky if this is not resolved

16 REPLIES 16

alecf1
Dialled in

are you in the 1 box, status RUNNING, camp or multiple boxes, unknown, camp?

Davo7
On our wavelength

1 box, unknown camp

Hi there @Davo7 

Thank you for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced these issues. Can I ask what message exactly you receive from TV Go? Can you provide a screenshot? 

Does this happen on all devices?

Davo7
On our wavelength

Yes all devices 

IMG_4020.png

Can you confirm you have followed what is advised in the screenshot?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Davo7
On our wavelength

Obviously 🙄 

alecf1
Dialled in

new msg added to my case. in short the issue came back today but now seems to be ‘working’ again after restarting my 2nd box, which had been powered on but in ‘standby’, but still working previously, i was getting the cpe1 ip without too much issue.

morning the issue was back to square one. on ipad it required restarting the tv go app to get the cpe 1 ip address. on iphone it was even harder. nothing had changed. the 2nd box was in theory on and in standby, set to active startup, though not being used. and i guess as expected previously i wasn’t getting the cpe2 ip for the standby box.

restarted main vm box and ios devices, no change.

the mqtt status was still showing running. but for sake of it i powered off and on the standby vm box. now it seems to be back working as described previously. i was getting both cpe ip addresses. 

now the 2nd box is back in standby i just get the main cpe1 ip, but i am now getting it.

this handshaking is so flaky surely it must be happening in a lab somewhere?

i also wonder why, when not working, the ssdp status shows as ‘not attempted’ surely that is the time it should be trying to find networked devices

Can you send us a screenshot of this error @Davo7 please?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Davo7
On our wavelength

I already have 🙄