cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Register the same device multiple times

Streethawk
Joining in

Im so frustrated at the TV Go system

Everyday, sometimes multiple times a day, I have to register the same device, over and over.

I dont use a new browser, I dont change my device, I dont do updates each day... So why oh why would I need to re-register the same browser over and over. 

I see thread after thread from users having similar issues, and whilst the helpful community people reset devices to enable this repetitive "feature" the cause of the issue never seems to be addressed?

Can someone please explain why TV Go constantly wants to register devices?

In the meantime, it would be great if someone could kindly reset my max reset limit again, as im sure tomorrow i wont be able to watch anymore considering ive used 4 resets the past 2 days alone 😞

3 REPLIES 3

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Streethawk thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're having ongoing issues with accessing TV Go and for any inconvenience this may be causing you. I would like to help you with actioning your request. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Streethawk wrote:

I dont use a new browser, I dont change my device, I dont do updates each day... So why oh why would I need to re-register the same browser over and over. 

Can someone please explain why TV Go constantly wants to register devices?😞

Hi Streethawk 

I hope the following is useful.

You need to ensure you’ve got cookies enabled in your browser, that virginmedia.com is listed as a trusted site, your browser is set to allow protected content, and you allow pop ups from the Virgin TV Go website.

Using a different browser, clearing cookies or using incognito mode will be seen as a different device.

I had a TV GO shortcut saved in my taskbar which I used. Chrome is set as my default browser so TV GO should automatically open in Chrome, however I noticed that it sometimes opened up in Edge browser, this was usually following a Windows update.

I now use a shortcut in my Chrome bookmarks instead, and since using that I don't have any issues.

https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/   If I have any issues with that url I change the beginning to http

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave, really appreciate the response.

Going through your recommendations most of which already apply for me. Cookies are enabled, I dont use Incognito (AKA Private Window in Edge) I dont actually have any other browsers installed, I just use Edge (controversial I know lol)
I know that windows updates and even Edge updates can also cause that issue, but updates are not done every day, so I suspect this isnt the main issue, but would certainly contribute to the issue.

The main difference which I will try to adopt over the next few weeks, is that I dont have a quick link, I tend to Google search for Virgin TV GO and click the search links.

So I will create a bookmark using your link and see how that goes.

Again, thanks for the feedback