cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer able to stream my recordings from TiVo/TV Control app

Cuilean
Tuning in

Using the TV Control app, I've always enjoyed being able to watch programmes I've recorded on my TiVo while I'm working in the garden, but this morning I'm being told that I need to "Set up streaming device".  When I hit the button to start the setup, and tick the boxes to agree I'm not going to be sharing with people outside of the household, a new screen appears.  This one tells me it's found my streaming device (Presumably my TiVo), and it moves to step 1, "Checking software version".  The circle spins, and spins, but nothing progresses.

I only use the TV Control app on my iPhone.  It's not installed on anything else simply because I own nothing else to install it on.  I've tried turning the phone on and off.  I've tried logging in and out.  I've tried going into the streaming setup in the app's settings, but the same menu appears.

I'm running a fairly standard set up, running modem mode on my main Virgin box, with one TiVo.  The power settings are set to Always On, rather than low power or eco.  I've not changed anything overnight, so I'm not sure why I can no longer stream my recordings.

I can do everything else which I usually do with the app, accessing the remote control etc, so the app is connected to the TiVo.

streaming.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Thanks Ugene, much appreciated.  The TiVo's Network Diagnostics told me that the port configuration test had failed, but turning it on and off again appears to have resolved that.  No idea what happened there! 

Hi Cuilean, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you were having an issue viewing your recordings. 

We're really glad that turning things off and back on has helped to resolve things. If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know. 

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs