cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the telly tablet finally had it's day?

clarkey39
Dialled in

Hi all,

There is a new error message on the telly tablet when i try to play saved programmes from the 360 box through my TV GO app. 

I have tried all sorts including factory reset on tablet. All other devices, (phone on android, ipad,) all working fine 

Error is ...........

Not available

Sorry - we can't play this at the moment (licenceErrorCode.license.invalid)

Is it time to put the old girl out to pasture?

33 REPLIES 33

Morte
Dialled in

I have the same issue started last week with the same error message had a couple of reptiles from the Forum Team..Performed the same stuff as but still will not work. Only effects recorded programmes not live TV. 

clarkey39
Dialled in

Hi Morte,

Yes i got live TV to start to work again after the factory reset, as you say.....no go with recordings though 😭

Crazy when every other device in the house works, Android or Apple. @newapollo any ideas mate, you have helped me out in the past with the TT

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @clarkey39 

Nice to see you again, but sorry to see you are having problems with recordings on your VM Tele Tablet. It's getting long in the tooth now but should still be working fully.  You're a brave man to factory reset the tablet, especially since it's no longer being updated.

I noticed a recent post where another user had factory reset their TT and now can't get past the initial set up screens as it won't recognise their google play credentials. I did look for workarounds for that issue and found a few, but they seemed to specify samsung tablets with warnings it could break everything, plus it meant downloading and sideloading an unapproved app. Anyway sorry to digress.

@clarkey39 and @Morte 

Is it all recordings that are failing, or just certain ones? If it's just certain ones it may be due to the broadcasters copyrights. 

Have you tried clearing the data and cache on the TVGO app?

It's possible that the recording won't play because your 360 box is switched off, or the tablet and 360 can't see each other, so I would try rebooting both the hub and 360 so they perform a new handshake.

The following only usually affects ios devices but Is the tablet picking up the correct CPE ip address for the 360 box, which should be in the 192.168.0.x range as shown in the screenshot?  (Click on Settings > Diagnostics) Mine has two addresses because I have two 360 boxes. The MQTT broker in that section should also show as connected, and the MQTT CPE status should be ONLINE-RUNNING.

vm teletablet.jpg

Am laughing at Morte's post and the auto -correct, "had a couple of reptiles from the Forum Team"  I've heard them called some names before, but never reptiles rolf.gif

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

clarkey39
Dialled in

Hi Mate,

yes i saw the part about the reptiles also 🤣

Ok here is a screenshot of the stats on the TT

clarkey39_0-1686051083882.png

I have tried it with the 360 in standby and turned on. I have deleted the TV Go app and reinstalled. Factory reset as mentioned earlier.

clarkey39
Dialled in

Just checked diagnostics on android s10 and it is all very similar. Going to try the same recording from both devices after another full reboot of all systems including TT, Phone, 360 box and router

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @clarkey39 

Your tablet is showing that your MQTT CPE status is ONLINE -STANDBY 

The  MQTT CPE status should be ONLINE-RUNNING.

Is your 360 box by any chance on standby?

On your 360 go to Settings > System > Standby power consumption. You have 3 choices.
Fast start  - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient and probably the one you're using. It uses minimal power but takes a while to start. 

This is just guessworrk regarding the VM tablet but the first two options are best if you have a mini box and want to watch a recording on it, this may also be preventing you watching recordings on your VM tablet.

Also it shows your WiFi connection as being Sky - any particular reason why it isn't connected to your VM broadband?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

clarkey39
Dialled in

hmmmm i wonder........

Get this message coming up now......and has for a little while.

clarkey39_0-1686051763247.png

and if i click close app or wait i end up with the same result.....

clarkey39_1-1686051813328.png

@Morte do you get the same error from google ?

clarkey39
Dialled in

OK mate sound. tried it again out of standby

clarkey39_0-1686052186836.png

unfortunately same error message

clarkey39
Dialled in

oh about the SKY SSID, i was being lazy when i moved from SKY. Changed ID rather than loads of device passwords 🤣