cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed remote recording requests on TV360 box on standby

Eddie98
Up to speed

Hi.

On the good old TiVO box and software I could easily remotely set up a recording using the TV Go app on my phone. This was very useful when I was away from the house for any period of time (e.g. holiday) and I’d subsequently spotted a show I wanted to record while I was away.

Since moving to the 360 software & boxes, this has become much harder to do successfully. Having spotted a show in the guide I want to record the app then tells me it will schedule the recording next time the box awakes from standby mode, which is pretty useless if I am away for a fortnight as who is going to wake up the box?

I’ve now missed recording two shows because the box didn’t wake up in time (at all?) to log the recording request. And I’m crossing my fingers about another request I’ve just made.  Meanwhile my TV360 box snoozes away in the corner at home...

Does anyone have any tips to force the 360 software to remotely wake up a box and to accept a recording request? Or is this yet another undocumented feature of TV360…?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You’ll have to do it on the actual TV 360.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Set the ‘Standby power consumption’ field in SYSTEM SETTINGS to ‘Fast start’.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks Ernie. Is this something I can only do when I have direct access to my box again? I can’t see how to do this through the TVGo app.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You’ll have to do it on the actual TV 360.