cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel 4 Not available Sorry - we can't play this at the moment 1002

hatfield
Dialled in

All the other channels seem to be fine on TV Go. Just this one. I tried different browsers and private mode (to isolate issues related to cookies etc) and it is the same.

Chris H
8 REPLIES 8

AlphaBoB
Joining in

You're not alone harfield, its happening with me too, and I would think many more that don't come to this forum.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi hatfield,

Thanks for your post - sorry to hear you're having issues with Channel 4 on TV Go. 

I've just tested this myself on my personal device and I'm able to watch the channel without any issues. How long has this been an issue for you? Are you please able to check again for us to see if the issue is still present?

We'll do our best to help.

Beth

It's still not working. I have tried logging in and out, private mode, different borwsers and on my mobile with the app and Channel 4 HD won't play but all other channels *including* *Channel4+1* that I tried will play as normal. So it is likely a system or account issue. I am in CV8.

Chris H

What mobile are you using?

What type of content are you trying to watched on Channel 4? Not everything they put on can be watched on demand 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Oh also what operating system is the phone on?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

My phone is a Galaxy Note 10+ on Android 12 (all up to date) and I have tried deleting the app and re-installing it. I have used MacOS X (up to date) running firefox (up to date) and microsoft edge and Windows 11 running Microsoft Edge. All updated to the latest versions. I can watch all other channels including 4+1, E4, all other channel 4 channels and all other non-ch4 channels. Just Channel 4 HD gives the error message. I can watch the content on the channel4 website. There is nothing being streamed at any time on Channel 4 HD on TVGo. I can watch it on Channel4+1 through TVGo so why can't I watch it an hour earlier on Channel4 HD through TVGo? 

Chris H

I just replied to this and the message has disappeared for some reason. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app it is a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ on Android 12 all up to date. I have tried on MacOS X using firefox and edge and Windows 11 using Edge browsers. I can watch all other Channel 4 channels including 4+1 and I can watch the content on channel4's website. The problem is confined to Channel 4HD only and it is irrelevant of time or content. The link i am using is https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/watchtv/linearplayer/2025/Channel%204HD and i am getting the error message.

Chris H

Hi @hatfield, thank you for your response.

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel