cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't turn off audio description on TV GO PC App

matt303
Joining in

Can anyone tell me how to turn off the audio description (AD) on the Virgin TV GO PC App?

I have it turned off on settings but it keeps playing on STV with no way to turn it off.Screenshot 2023-12-29 172823.png

8 REPLIES 8

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @matt303 👋.
Thank you for your post, I am sorry you are having issues with this. What browser are you using, have you tried on a different device/browser? 
Thanks,
Zoie

matt303
Joining in

Yes, I have tried different browsers (firefox, Chrome, Edge) and they all have this problem.

For example, I tried to watch Catchphrase on STV via the Virgin TV GO app and the audio description is playing even though it is turned off in the settings.

It might be worth noting that the STV logo is showing in the top left not the ITV logo

I tried the TV GO app on the iPhone and there is no problem.

The problem only seems to be with the PC TV GO APP

Hi @matt303.

Thanks for the update, have you gone onto the secondary settings within the channel itself whilst watching the program, under the subtitle icon you can turn off audio description there too.

Please let us know how you get on.

Sabrina

matt303
Joining in

Hi, yes I tried the subtitles and audio description settings on the specific channel and there is no option for audio description at all, only subtitles.

The audio description settings are available for other specific channels and turn on and off.

It only seems to be STV.

This is dependent on the channel/content provider and isn't always available matt303, apologies for any inconvenience.

Rob

That is strange Rob. Ironically I can go to the STV player app and it does not give me the option to turn audio description on. 
Also the iPhone app does not have this problem and plays fine.

The TV GO pc desktop app is broken I’m afraid.

Hi matt303, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one to update things. It's certainly a strange one. 

I'm going to refer this over to a colleague to see if they have any ideas on what the issue could be. Once I have a reply from them, I'll pop back to you here. 

Apologies once again for the inconvenience. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi matt303, 

I've heard back from my colleague on this one and they've advised the following: 

As they aren’t getting the AD issue on their App and only on web, I think they may have set the global AD option on. Easy thing to check, and if that’s it, easy thing to fix. Top right hand corner, click on the little downward arrow and click settings, then go to Accessibility on the top menu, and if you see the green tick highlighted simply switch it off and it will stop.

If when you check the green tick is already off, pop back and let me know so I can refer back to him 🙂

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs