cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Stream Box On Demand issue

SDX91
Joining in

Hey so i've Recently just rejoined Virgin Media after a while 

i had previously used a Virgin stream box and i'm 99% sure that with the stream box that also gave me access to On demand content that was streamed from virgin media directly rather then directly through the channel in questions App, i have tried to watch a show from E4 from Virgin media on demand directly, however every way i try, it always just opens up the the channel 4 app which is really unfortunate as i assume without having a channel 4 subscription i'm going to end up inevitably stuck with a multitude of unskippable ad's, 

so am i incorrect in thinking that virgin media does have there own on demand stream box service, or has virgin since changed to only use third party on demand apps instead of there own? 

also i have noticed with this stream box which is connected up to my LG TV the sound quality is a little on the poor side it's very quiet overall i have to ramp the sound right up on any setting through the virgin stream box to hear anything it almost sounds like the volume is dampened overall has anyone else experienced this issue? 

Kind Regards

1 REPLY 1

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SDX91,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're not enjoying the Stream service, you would need to use the channel app itself to stream. 

In regards to the volume can you try this- go into the TV settings and change the Audio Output to "Dolby Digital > PCM.

Alex_Rm