cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Stream box & remote

Guskara24
Joining in

Hi. 

Just recently signed up with Virgin and added the stream box. Day 1 it was working smoothly and on day 2, the home page is frozen, the remote will not respond and everytime I press the cursor or power button, etc... the white light above the power button keeps flashing. I have tried to reset the remote several times and it won't allow me to reset the box. either. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Guskara24 

Sorry to see you are having problems with the Stream box

Please can you try the following to firstly unpair the remote :- 

On the remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the 'Rewind' button together for 10 seconds. This should have unpaired  the remote from the box.

Now this step is probably slightly different to what you've already tried

Put the box into 'Pairing Mode' by pressing the Standby/On button on the front of the box for 10 seconds. Then on the remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the '0' button together for 10 seconds. Hopefully a message will then appear on the screen confirming that pairing was successful.

If the above  fails then you could try a soft reset and/or a hard reset. 

Unplug the USB from the back of the box and then hold the power button on the front of the box while  plugging the USB back in. (Keep hold of the power button while doing this)

Keep holding the power button in when the Welcome screen appears for 5 seconds and then let go. 

A menu will appear. Now tap the power button to select which reset option (hard or soft) you prefer. I would try the soft reset option first, and if that fails try the hard reset.

Then hold the power button again for 5 seconds on the one selected option to reset it. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Guskara24 

Sorry to see you are having problems with the Stream box

Please can you try the following to firstly unpair the remote :- 

On the remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the 'Rewind' button together for 10 seconds. This should have unpaired  the remote from the box.

Now this step is probably slightly different to what you've already tried

Put the box into 'Pairing Mode' by pressing the Standby/On button on the front of the box for 10 seconds. Then on the remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the '0' button together for 10 seconds. Hopefully a message will then appear on the screen confirming that pairing was successful.

If the above  fails then you could try a soft reset and/or a hard reset. 

Unplug the USB from the back of the box and then hold the power button on the front of the box while  plugging the USB back in. (Keep hold of the power button while doing this)

Keep holding the power button in when the Welcome screen appears for 5 seconds and then let go. 

A menu will appear. Now tap the power button to select which reset option (hard or soft) you prefer. I would try the soft reset option first, and if that fails try the hard reset.

Then hold the power button again for 5 seconds on the one selected option to reset it. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Guskara24
Joining in

Thank you so much, problem solved! Really appreciate it. Have a great rest of the day