cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream subscription Pending

LARLAR1392
Joining in

Recently subscribed to the sky sports package and then decided I wanted the movies aswell, so I cancelled the sports package to get the sports and movies together but it’s stuck on adding and pending, I have phoned up and was  told to just wait and see if anything’s changes. Quiet frustrating as I’ve just subscribed to the entertainment package without any issues, would like it resolved asap really. Any ideas on how to resolve the problem?

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi LARLAR1392 

It might have been better to just keep the current Sky Sport HD and add the Sky Cinema HD separately instead of going for the combined Sky Sports & Cinema HD add on as the price works out the same.

Addons are on a 30 day rolling contract  so your current Sky Sport HD which you cancelled will be showing as pending removal until the 30 day cancellation notice period has completed.  As far as I can tell the system won't be able to add the Sports&Movies combined add on until the original Sports has been totally removed.  I think the system will  be throwing  a wobbly trying to add and remove the Sports element at the same time

Info below from the https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/tv/streaming  page

As TV packs are on a 30-day rolling contract, once you’ve removed a TV pack you’ll see it as pending removal in Active subscriptions. It’ll have a little clock symbol under it, and let you know how many days are remaining before it’s removed.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi LARLAR1392 

It might have been better to just keep the current Sky Sport HD and add the Sky Cinema HD separately instead of going for the combined Sky Sports & Cinema HD add on as the price works out the same.

Addons are on a 30 day rolling contract  so your current Sky Sport HD which you cancelled will be showing as pending removal until the 30 day cancellation notice period has completed.  As far as I can tell the system won't be able to add the Sports&Movies combined add on until the original Sports has been totally removed.  I think the system will  be throwing  a wobbly trying to add and remove the Sports element at the same time

Info below from the https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/tv/streaming  page

As TV packs are on a 30-day rolling contract, once you’ve removed a TV pack you’ll see it as pending removal in Active subscriptions. It’ll have a little clock symbol under it, and let you know how many days are remaining before it’s removed.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the reply.. In hindsight I should have done that but it said that it would be cheaper on the dual package. I’ll wait the 30 days and go from there. Thanks for help it’s appreciated 👍🏻

Thanks guys, been pulling my hair out with this shoddy customer service who don't have 2 brain cells between them. I had exactly the same issue as you so will wait for the 30 days to pass and see if it resolves aswell.