cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream remote not working

thomasahamilton
Joining in

My stream remote is not working, I've followed all procedures to reset and pair numerous times but no luck. I've then tried ordering a new remote but it states I'm unable to. I've then installed the TV app to control the box via my phone but every time I try to log in it throws up a general error. So I'm left with an unusable stream box which I've paid for. Does anyone have any solution please?

3 REPLIES 3

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @thomasahamilton 👋,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. It's great to have you here 😊

I am sorry to hear you're having some issues with your Stream remote not working. I would love to assist further!

If the Stream remote isn't working correctly with the Stream device, it's a good idea to ensure that it's been paired correctly. This can be done by unpairing it from the box and then pairing it back up again. Appreciate you have mentioned that you tried, but could you confirm if the below steps have been followed as advised:

Unpairing:
•    On the remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the 'Rewind' button together for 10 seconds.
•    The remote control should now have unpaired from the box.

Pairing:
•    Put the box into 'Pairing Mode' by pressing the Standby/On button on the front of the box for 10 seconds.
•    On the remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the '0' button together for 10 seconds.
•    A message should appear on the screen confirming that pairing was successful.

Let us know so we can offer further support if required.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Alisha,

The remote part of the procedure didn't work but pressing the button on the box fixed the issue. I couldn't find any mention of this on the virgin website though so maybe the steps on there need to include this.

Thanks 

Tom

Hi @thomasahamilton 

Thanks for your post

Great to hear this is now fixed for you! I hope you have a great day and be sure to contact us if you ever require any further assistance

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs