cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream on current tv deal

Barrypaterson
Just joined

Hi

I currently have a TV and broadband deal with virgin. Could I get a stream box to use on another TV that doesn't have a virgin connection?

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Barrypaterson 

I'm afraid you can't have a Stream box in conjunction with any other VM TV set top box.

You would need to cancel your current TV subscription. Also, it's only one Stream box per household.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the reply. Disappointing,  seems virgin are missing a trick , where Sky have streaming pucks that allow to stream to other tvs for customers with an active TV package. 🤔

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Barrypaterson wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Disappointing,  seems virgin are missing a trick , where Sky have streaming pucks that allow to stream to other tvs for customers with an active TV package. 🤔

Virgin is purely third party reseller. There are separate carriage agreements with the broadcasters for broadcast & streamed products. If they did offer you both you would no doubt have to pay two subscriptions. You also cannot use Virgin Stream on another providers broadband service for the same reason.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I think Virgin may have changed their stance on allowing existing customers to have a stream box. Scroll down to the FAQ on the stream webpage.

it reads as follows:

Can I get Stream if I’m already with Virgin Media?

Good news – if you’ve already got Virgin Media services you can still sign up to Stream.

All you need to do is chat to our team to add it to your services. Either fill out our form below to request a call, or alternatively call 0800 952 2039* Monday to Friday, 8am to 9pm, or on Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 6pm.

Request a call here

Remember that Stream needs to be plugged into your TV. So if you’ve already got Virgin TV, and all the TVs in your home have a Virgin TV box, you’ll already be enjoying our top-notch service. If you’ve got a telly without Virgin TV, then add Stream to enjoy the benefits of a Smart TV (like accessing On Demand apps), rolled into the flexibility of extra entertainment subscriptions and over 40 free channels.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @bwoodhouse 

I'm afraid it's badly phrased. That's still the original wording from when Stream was first introduced.

Stream is only offered to customers who don't currently have TV services with VM

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Nor has the FAQ on the forum changed:

Stream FAQ.jpg

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks