cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream box remote not working

barry1106
Tuning in

Yesterday it would turn TV on and off and controlled volume, it did not allow me to acces home or any 9f the apps.  Today it does nothing.  I have tried pairing, I  have held TV and zero and TV and rewind. I have tried new batteries. I have disconnected.  There is a pale blue light on the stream box, a white light flashes on the remote if I press keys.

10 REPLIES 10

Sophie1232
Just joined

I'm having the same problem. I've done everything Virgin Media have told me to do, but it still won't work. I checked the service status in my area and there's something wrong with virgin TV, but I'm not sure if that would affect the box as it's a streaming box rather than tv. If that is the problem though, Virgin media said it won't be fixed until 29th December! 

Have you been able to reconnect your remote to your box yet? 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi barry1106, 

Thank you for your post. 

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been having with your remote - sounds like you have done everything we would advise to help here. How are thins with the remote at the moment? Alternatively if this continues to not work, you are able to order one from here: https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/tv/streaming/journey/order-new-remote

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

i have the same problem as barry1106. stream box the remote control stopped working overnight and I can't do anything about it, and I can't order because I have a stream box for hub5, and this link doesn't work for me. please help, because I can't use the box for 3 days now

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @lukawski 

Try <<< this link >>>  to order a replacement remote in either a different brower or an incognito window.

Also have you tried different batteries, also re-pairing the remote?

Point the remote at the Stream box and then press the TV button and 0 at the same time for 10 seconds.

You can also download and use the TVGO app as a temporary remote. There are download links <<< on this page >>>  

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

We can not offer you a replacement TV remote.

Unfortunately we can not offer you a replacement TV remote for the TV box you have. The TV remote is either no longer supplied by Virgin Media or our current stock levels are low.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @lukawski,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that this is the error you're seeing! 

Can you please confirm if you have a Stream Box, or a different TV box that you're having issues with?

Please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have a stream box and hub 5. month ago I signed a contract. Everything was fine with the Stream Box until last weekend. Since then, it has not worked. can I replace it?

Deedee1202
Just joined

Hello I've had the same problem I tried everything, but I've managed to pair my remote to my stream box by pressing and holding the power button on the front off the stream box for about 10 seconds then a message came up on my screen (top right) that my remote is paired to my stream box again... 

It helped me so I hope it helps you..

It works. thank you for the hint. I wouldn't have thought of doing it this way.