cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream box and hdmi cec

jedi1138
Tuning in

Is the Stream box hdmi cec compatible? We just had one installed today but the tv won’t recognise it to auto turn on.

We have a Philips oled806 and the Easylink is all set up. It auto turns on both the PS5 and the old Sky Q box. The new Stream box however is not auto recognised and I have to manually change the hdmi source on either the tv or the Virgin remote. We have a 14 day cooling off period and if we can’t get it to work properly then we’ll probably stick with Sky.

thanks

jedi1138_0-1699034568006.png

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jedi1138 

On the Stream box go to Settings > System > One Power  and amake sure it's turned ON

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks, yes, it is set to On. I’ve been through all the settings on the box that look relevant. I’m trying to find out if the box should do this or there’s a problem elsewhere with the remote etc. The tv itself works fine with the other hdmi cec switch ons.

thanks again

jedi1138
Tuning in

Just to add I seem to have clicked something that says there’s a solution - there isn’t yet. I’m still looking for help on this one.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @jedi1138 

It's possible that the Philips Oled806 is still expecting the old Sky Q box to be still connected.

Have you rescanned all TV connections to update the Sources menu with recently connected devices (VM Stream box)?
To rescan the connections…
1 - Press SOURCES to open the Sources menu.
2 - Press Up to select the icon at the top right of the Sources menu.
3 - Press OK to start scanning the connections.
Newly connected devices will be added to the Sources menu

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jedi1138 wrote:

Just to add I seem to have clicked something that says there’s a solution - there isn’t yet. I’m still looking for help on this one.

Hi again @jedi1138 

That is easily remedied by yourself.

Click on the dropdown menu icon in the top right hand corner of the post you marked, and in the dropdown screen click on Not a helpful answer (screenshot  below)

Not helpful.jpg

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi, I’ve tried that. The Virgin Stream box is recognised as a source - right now my source list says:

Game Console HDMI1

Stream Box HDMI2

Sky Q HDMI3

The Virgin remote allows me to access sources (bottom right button) or to turn on and off (top left button), but if I’m on another hdmi source (1 or 3) it wont automatically go to source 2 with the home button (or any other button).

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Hi jedi1138, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear the Stream box isn't being automatically recognised. 

Can you try switching to a different HDMI port. If that doesn't work, can you try another lead if you have one there? 

Keep us posted on how things go.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs