cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream Remote

JayJenner
Tuning in

Hey!

my stream box has been working fine, until the last week or so. 

Both power buttons are just turning the TV on and off, and not the stream box so I can’t actually get onto my Virgin TV. 

does anyone have any tips or ideas?

thank you! 

4 REPLIES 4

lukawski
Tuning in

I have the same problem as you and don't know how to fix it

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JayJenner 

Have you tried different batteries, also re-pairing the remote?

Point the remote at the Stream box and then press the TV button and 0 at the same time for 10 seconds.

You can also download and use the TVGO app as a temporary remote. There are download links <<< on this page >>>  

You should be able to use <<< this link >>>  to order a replacement remote.

If it doesn't work then try a different brower or an incognito window.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi there, 

thanks for the reply! I have literally tried all of this and nothing is working, I can’t use my Virgin Tv box and it’s really irritating! 

@virginmedia have ignored me on the live chat, I’ve waited over 2 hours without a response yesterday and today! Then they shut. 

at witts end and don’t know what to do!

Hi JayJenner, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Stream remote looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to help with this. 

First of all, thank you for trying all those aspects our Super User @newapollo mentioned above, I am sorry they did not help in this instance. 

I have a link here - Request New Remote - Which will run through some troubleshooting questions and then it will allow you to order a new remote seen as you feel it might be faulty. 

Please give it a go and let us know if you need further help.

Thanks,

Megan_L