cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream Frustration

brightonjohn
Fibre optic

Having read a review of what Virgin Stream is able to offer me I find it really frustrating that because I have the TV service I can't have this extra. It's frustrating because I have a 360 box in the lounge and another in the spare bedroom. Ideally the stream would fill the gap which is my bedroom. Any chance of this ever happening and helping me to feel a bit better about the 8.5% increase in my charges? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@brightonjohn wrote:

Thanks for this nodrogd. Is there or will there be an option to transisiton from cable to stream at a time of our own choosing? And then, instead of having two rooms covered I'll only have one, whereever the stream box is? I guess it can be moved around the house as required.

More than likely it will be a staged migration. New customers taking the new 2Gb tier first, then existing customers on other tiers. Bear in mind this means the 95% of customers now on coax connections having to have these replaced with fibre.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Over the next few years there will be a complete transition away from traditional cable services. However, for now there are two different systems in operation. A V360 product for TV customers (with multiroom capability), & a standalone Stream product for Broadband only customers. As people are transitioned away from traditional cable, Stream will become the only TV product available on the new networks. Once on the the new network there is more likelyhood of multiple Stream boxes & cloud recording facilities being offered.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

brightonjohn
Fibre optic

Thanks for this nodrogd. Is there or will there be an option to transisiton from cable to stream at a time of our own choosing? And then, instead of having two rooms covered I'll only have one, whereever the stream box is? I guess it can be moved around the house as required.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@brightonjohn wrote:

More than likely it will be a staged migration. New customers taking the new 2Gb tier first, then existing customers on other tiers. Bear in mind this means the 95% of customers now on coax connections having to have these replaced with fibre.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

It looks as if VM will finally start the migration of users to its XGS-PON in late 2024 and ending in around 2040. TV customers will get a Stream box which I strongly suspect will be very similar to Sky's Stream with the facility to bookmark programmes which will take you to catch-up or 3rd party apps or nothing available in some cases. There will be multi-Stream boxes, of course. However no rollout plan is available.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

brightonjohn
Fibre optic

Thanks for the info.