cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream + Computer Screen + Audio

JimDeadlock
On our wavelength

I have my Stream box hooked up to the HDMI on my Samsung PC screen and the video is working fine but there is no sound, I'm guessing because the screen doesn't have any built-in audio output. I understand you're supposed to use a proper TV for this, but is there any workaround to get sound output from the Stream box with a PC monitor?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As the box has no separate audio output, you would need an HDMI Audio Breakout box. Make sure anything you buy is HDCP2.2 compliant, or you will get audio & no video instead.

Example 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As the box has no separate audio output, you would need an HDMI Audio Breakout box. Make sure anything you buy is HDCP2.2 compliant, or you will get audio & no video instead.

Example 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks