cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream Box

briancharlton
Tuning in

Hi,

Was told today that I'm unable to have a stream box as I already have a Tivo unit. Apparently it is for Broadband only customers.

This makes no sense whatsoever. Why restrict the service. I asked as 5G is taking freeview bandwidth.

Will probably go for freesat.

B

13 REPLIES 13

Yes for BB customers ONLY

I asked as I have TV can't get the box don't waist your time and energy complaining you won't get anywhere

Andy766702
On our wavelength

I don't get it either, as an existing customer with TV I cannot get a stream box for a second room, whyyyyy!!!!! Yet if I cancel my TV I get then get one and then probably add TV afterwards

Hi @Andy766702 thanks for your post here in the Community.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to have both a Stream and a TV box simultaneously, it doesn't matter which way around these are added or taken away, the end outcome will be that you are left with whichever one you have decided to add as the latest addition.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused here, but hopefully this does help clear things up for you.

Many thanks

Tom_W

@Posidon wrote:

Yes for BB customers ONLY

I asked as I have TV can't get the box don't waist your time and energy complaining you won't get anywhere

You have to request to cancel TV off your package, wait 30 days for notice to end, then another 2 days for systems to catch up internally, then you order Stream. Nobody has it with an existing TV service. Note, by cancelling TV you could then affect any discount to your bundle which is why its better to do this at contract end.

If CS won't let you do that and you out of contract its a cancellation job then negotiate with retentions team as part of the deal to keep you. You'll still have the wait period though.