cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream Box Shows Static

JimDeadlock
On our wavelength

I'm trying to install my new Stream Box. It shows a Welcome screen, then Please Wait, then goes to white static and stays like that, briefly turning black every couple of minutes. The light on the box is red. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JimDeadlock wrote:

I'm not able to do a hard reset because it requires an ethernet connection but I see no ethernet port on the box, what's that all about?

Hi again @JimDeadlock 

You should check ther equipment that VM have sent with the Stream box. The Stream power adapter includes the ethernet port, picture below. 

Stream power plug incorporating ethernet adapterStream power plug incorporating ethernet adapter

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JimDeadlock 

Some people have also found that by holding the power button whilst connecting the power usb that a menu appeared that allowed them to do a software update and then connect

You could also try a soft reset and/or a hard reset.  Unplug the USB from the back of the box and then hold the power button on the front of the box while  plugging the USB back in. (Keep hold of the power button while doing this)

Keep holding the power button in when the Welcome screen appears for 5 seconds and then let go. 

A menu will appear. Now tap the power button to select which reset option (hard or soft) you prefer. I would try the soft reset option first, and if that fails try the hard reset.

Then hold the power button again for 5 seconds on the one selected option to reset it. 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

JimDeadlock
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply. I did the soft reset and I was encouraged when it allowed me to go through the setup process. I connected the remote, did the region and wifi settings and it seemed fine, then it did an auto software update which sent me back to the white static. I tried a standalone software update, same result. I'm not able to do a hard reset because it requires an ethernet connection but I see no ethernet port on the box, what's that all about?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JimDeadlock wrote:

I'm not able to do a hard reset because it requires an ethernet connection but I see no ethernet port on the box, what's that all about?

Hi again @JimDeadlock 

You should check ther equipment that VM have sent with the Stream box. The Stream power adapter includes the ethernet port, picture below. 

Stream power plug incorporating ethernet adapterStream power plug incorporating ethernet adapter

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

JimDeadlock
On our wavelength

SUCCESS! Hard reset did the trick, thanks again for all your help! 🥇

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Magic.  Thanks for updating the thread @JimDeadlock 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.