cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Cinema stops working on stream box

Ttt81
On our wavelength

hi

subscribed to sky Cinema via stream box. Started working fine for one day, now is locked. Says still active on my stream subscription, and they’re still taking my money for it! Two hours under customer service Virgin Media who concluded I need to call sky. Sky simply laughed and said it’s Virgin Media issue. 

done all the reboots software updates, streaming tests all other channels work. Please can somebody help me not spend the rest of my day on hold!!

17 REPLIES 17

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ttt81,

Thank you for reaching out to using our community and welcome, sorry to see Sky Movies haven't been working on your Stream box, when you now sign into your Online Account, do Sky Movies still show as active?

Regards

Paul.

Ttt81
On our wavelength

Yes! But on stream Sky Movies channels via the TV says "subscribe now!", and i am locked out of all films. 

Hi @Ttt81 thanks for your reply here, sorry this is still ongoing for you.

We can see that since you replied here, you have raised this to us via another avenue so we are working on resolving this for you as soon as possible.

As soon as we have any further updates for you we will let you know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Ttt81
On our wavelength

I’m sorry to say there’s been no reply from the technical team, sky Cinema still says is active but not on my TV! I’m still paying for it. I’ve wasted nearly 12 hours on hold/waiting for delivery people to fix the box which incidentally does not fix the issue. Surely it should be a simple fix. My favourite response was sorry sir but you cannot get sky cinema because you don’t have a TV package. I kindly referred them to their own website on Virgin Media, saying it’s called a stream box, and they tried to add me a TV package at 80 pounds per month. Honestly, I’m just beyond disappointed now.

Hi Ttt81, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating us. 

Taking a look at things this end, I can see the work order is still open and it's staged to the correct team. They will be working hard to reach you and will be trying to remotely resolve at this end. 

We don't have an estimated timescale on this I'm afraid but the teams will be in contact as soon as they have an update. 

Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ttt81
On our wavelength

Sadly a week later, one formal complaint two more hour long phone calls and we are no further along. The whole point was to sign into watch Christmas films. no one contacted us, they’ve even closed the complaint without responding. Virgin Media seems in a bit of a mess at the moment. Sorry to raise another issue but Channel 4 doesn’t work either Online, keep getting the same error message 4200 drm failed. Either we’re very unlucky or something is wrong with the system. I guess we just wait….

Thanks for coming back to us Ttt81, are you still having issues with Channel 4 not working at the moment?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Ttt81
On our wavelength

Hello, I’ve managed to work out Channel 4 by contacting their help team and rebooted the system

I’m still to be resolution of sky cinema. Been on the help lines 3 times. Every time they say call back in two days. I call back in two days then they say no needs to be five days. I’m getting furious over the chat of the poor people of the help lines. I added the subscription on the 24th of November for Christmas films, is now nearly Christmas Eve. Everyone seems to be relying on this magical Office. Nobody can contact The back office. No one can prioritise the complaint. Nobody gets back to you. I Rarely use these forms, but I’ve honestly never known such awful service to get such a simple issue fixed. 

I guess I just wait for someone to say wait another two days, and the month will be up with the subscriptions over.

Hi @Ttt81 

Very sorry it's not fixed. I've messaged a colleague in that team to see if they can assist with this.

I'll let you know any reply I get.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill