cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No picture/signal when turning back on

STEJENT89
Joining in

We’ve had a stream box for just over a week. 
when it works it’s great. 
the problem is that when we turn the tv off and turn it back on we can’t get it back on without turning it off at the plug and back on. 
the tv registers that there’s a device as it starts changing inputs. But there’s no way to get a picture without switching it off and on at the plug. It’s really frustrating. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi STEJENT89

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the Stream box. I'm not able to do any diagnostics on the box as it's showing offline. 

Have you tried changing the HDMI slot or cable to rule that out as being the primary cause of this?

Keep us posted.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi STEJENT89

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the Stream box. I'm not able to do any diagnostics on the box as it's showing offline. 

Have you tried changing the HDMI slot or cable to rule that out as being the primary cause of this?

Keep us posted.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks John_GS.

So far this is working. If I have any issues in the morning I will post back on here.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi STEJENT89,

Thanks for popping back an update - I'm glad to hear things are now working. If you do experience any further issues, or continue to see problems with the picture/signal, please let us know and we'll do our best to help out further.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ