cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix not showing Harry Potter when streamed using broadband

Rachparker22
Tuning in

Netflix isn’t showing all of titles available in the UK - E.g. Harry Potter. It’s available on Netflix if we use our mobiles on 4G, but when we connect to wifi Harry Potter does now show again. It’s like it thinks our IP address for our tv is in the US ( Harry Potter ing available on Netflix in the US). Contacted Netflix and they think it’s Virgin’s problem. Any idea?

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Rachparker22 wrote:

Netflix isn’t showing all of titles available in the UK - E.g. Harry Potter. It’s available on Netflix if we use our mobiles on 4G, but when we connect to wifi Harry Potter does now show again. It’s like it thinks our IP address for our tv is in the US ( Harry Potter ing available on Netflix in the US). Contacted Netflix and they think it’s Virgin’s problem. Any idea?

I've tested Netflix on both VM wifi and 4G/5G on my mobile and tablet and all 8 Happy Potter movies are available.

I've also tested on my 360 via the app and also by clicking on channel 204, and all 8 Happy Potter movies are available.

Go to https://whatismyipaddress.com/  and check that your IP is shown as Virgin Media and that the country shows as United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Mdun1134
Just joined

I’m having the exact same issue, need to ring virgin up as even with multiples restarts I’m having no joy! 

Hi @Mdun1134 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Were you able to follow newapollo's advice on this one and if so, has this resolved it?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill