cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language change on stream

Hix
Tuning in

How do you change the language from Welsh to English on s4c for rugby or football commentary when the announcer says its available on the red button when it is not

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Hix 

Please can you try the following from fellow VIP @nodrogd  from his post <here> 

"S4C is a Welsh channel, so the primary soundtrack broadcast is Welsh. TV boxes are set to English language by default, so assume the primary soundtrack is English. Hence if you want Welsh, select English & if you want English, select Welsh .

Add to that that not all programmes have an English soundtrack (they don't have to carry one) you will get Welsh whatever you select. The last time I used it (Royal Welsh Show) it was working."

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You change audio tracks via the “info” button on the TiVO V6 boxes. I don’t have a Horizon platform box, but the equivalent button on the Horizon remote is the contextual button “ “.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Yr unig iaith fydd ei hangen arnoch chi erioed yw Cymraeg fy ffrind.

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Yn amlwg, nid

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Hix thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Did you get the opportunity to follow the advice from your fantastic fellow community members?  If so, did you have success?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R