cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home screen - live tv preview appeared

leemacca25
On our wavelength

How can i turn this off? If i go to the home screen i go there to get away from the live tv not having it blasting over the menu whilst i find the app etc im looking for.

If its a new feature then it should certainly have an option to turn it off. Also dont fix things that arent broken 🙂

Image attached with it showing in the bottom right.

PXL_20240125_145711044.MP.jpg

19 REPLIES 19

corky123
Dialled in

I confused by this as well, just upgraded to 5.07 and finally the audio glitch is fixed, but I get this Picture in Picture as well, and the back button used to go back to the home screen but now it does nothing, and if I press the actual home button on the remote then I’m back at the Home Screen but with the channel still going bottom right hand side. As I navigate along the top menu the small screen goes but the audio continues.

what the hell is going on ?

daznflo
On our wavelength

I have exactly the same since 5.07 update. How can I turn this off...If we want to watch a TV program we'll choose to do that. We DO NOT WANT the TV program to be playing when on the apps page...please stop this. 

samstockdale70
Just joined

Hi there. I'm finding this annoying as well but can't seem to work out how to turn it off. Help!

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi all, 

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch via the Community.

We can confirm this is an update that we've rolled out and you will still be able to return to the Live TV screen by clicking the back button.  

We're always looking at ways to improve the service and will also pass on your feedback to the relevant teams. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

leemacca25
On our wavelength

Its not really returning to live TV if live TV is now ALWAYS on screen even when on the home page. Lets face it feedback isnt often acted on and is an easy way to shut a matter down. Lets get a request put in for an option to turn this off please asap - did anybody feedback that they wanted this sort of feature?!

This feature is ill thought out, and should never have been imposed on users without a setting to turn it off.

We hardly ever watch live TV but the volume is way higher than streaming apps, so we have the TV volume set to 80 for the last streaming app we used, and the mini screen is deafening every time we turn the box on and we are left scrabbling for the mute button. Also the mini screen is overlayed on top of the menu we want to look at. It is so bad I have swapped to Roku Express. Zero sound cutting out issues. no glacial input lag, no mini screen nightmare. A truly terrible decision to force onto all of your users.

Schmiffy
Just joined

I signed up to the forum purely to complain about this exact issue... 😄

FerrisBueller
Joining in

Me too 😉

DontForceUpdate
Joining in

Yeah this is the most annoying update, absolute garbage TV turning the experience into a rush to try and find the right app and end the madness.