cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost of Stream

dq1967
On our wavelength

Hi all,

I currently have a V6 on the main TV downstairs, and 250 Meg BB distributed around the house by cabled network and WiFi. The TV upstairs has an aerial, but poor reception makes it pretty useless. The Stream box looks like a solution for watching the main channels upstairs but I'm confused about pricing. Is there a monthly charge for the box or is it just the £35 setup fee? I don't want to run another cable through the house, or change the downstairs arrangement.

thanks in advance

dq

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @dq1967 

If you want a Stream box you will need to cancel your current VM TV subscription. The Stream box is one per household and cannot be taken in conjunction with any other VM TV package.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @dq1967 

If you want a Stream box you will need to cancel your current VM TV subscription. The Stream box is one per household and cannot be taken in conjunction with any other VM TV package.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

As Dave says, below, the Stream box is still only for customers who DON'T have the TV service, personally, if you can get a reasonable WiFi connection in the upstairs room, then just get a cheap ROKU stick or even an Apple TV box, connect it to the upstairs TV and either will give you the 'standard' channels. No recording ability or connectivity to any recorded programmes on the V6, naturally, but might be OK for your needs.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello dq1967.

Thanks for your post.

I can see you have already been advised about getting a Stream box.

Have you considered upgrading to our 360 box and get a mini box for the upstairs 

Full details are available here should you wish to take a look.

Gareth_L