cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contradicting information about adding Stream for existing customers

evilazza
Joining in

Hello,

I already subscribe to Virgin and previously had Virgin TV and broadband, however, I have just renewed a new contract for fibre broadband only yesterday and I'd like to get a stream box.

Upon calling 0800 952 2039 the salesperson on the other end insisted that a stream box is for new customers and is unavailable for existing customers and has only tried to upsell me. This has happened twice now

Coincidentally a new article which has come out today says otherwise: https://home.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/stream-from-virgin-media-streaming-enter...

You can pick and mix your entertainment every month – and only pay for the stuff you love. As a nice little bonus, you can get at least 10% credit back on the subscriptions you add to Stream, so you can pocket a saving each month. It’s the quick and easy entertainment service that pairs perfectly with our lightning-fast broadband, offering speeds up to 22x faster than the UK average. And it’s available to both new and existing customers who take a Virgin Media broadband package at no additional monthly cost – whether you go for a broadband-only or broadband and home phone package.

Is he wrong? Is the article incorrect? How can I go about getting one?

Thanks!

Arron

8 REPLIES 8

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Utter rubbish from customer services yet again. A Stream box is available to ALL customers who do not have an existing TV box. There is a one off charge, no monthly rental and no new contract. You can buy additional ‘channels’ for a monthly fee.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Any idea how I can go about getting one if the customer service won't let me?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately VM staff on the board cannot do this, you do have to phone in. Probably get someone who is ok this time.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

aajcw
Joining in

I am having the same challenge. I've got rid of my increasingly expensive TV sub and every agent I speak to wants to sell me a new package or for me to pay a monthly charge as well as an activation fee. It's infuriating.

Hi aajcw and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having. 

Are you trying to add stream after cancelling your TV package?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

iXNine
Dialled in

Evilazza, when I opted to go for Stream a couple of months ago, at the time I had the full cable TV service with a V6 box. The only option I had at the time was to cancel everything but my broadband and then – on the day after my TV service ended – call back and order a Stream puck with a brand-new contract. That was the odd set-up that the agents had to follow at the time. However, if you don't have a current TV service, I can't see why you shouldn't be offered a Stream puck immediately.

Unfortunately, the scripts that the first tier helpline overseas have to follow seem hopelessly out of date and they often appear to be very undertrained. Tudor is right, keep calling back until you get someone more helpful.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Steven_L it helps to read the post, very clear to me.

"I already subscribe to Virgin and previously had Virgin TV and broadband, however, I have just renewed a new contract for fibre broadband only yesterday and I'd like to get a stream box."

Tudor

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @evilazza,

We see you have since spoken to our team after you had originally raised your post, were the team able to help you with regards to getting a Stream box sorted out?

Joe