cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel 4Hd 104 not in HD

ashjones01
Tuning in

So channel 4 HD has moved from 141 to 104, however even though its showing the 4hd badge in the corner, the picture is definitely still sd.... Anyone else having this problem? 

23 REPLIES 23

unisoft
Well-informed

its got a 4 HD logo on my stream and whilst its not the best HD picture, compared to other HD channels, it certainly isn't SD on mine and not far off normally what the HD channels look like.

Channel 4 HD has different feeds though for different parts of the country for advertising, it's could be possible you are in a bit of the country that currently has an affected feed?

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ashjones01

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of the picture not being as it should be on Channel 4HD. I've just checked it on mine here and seems fine - has it righted itself since posting on your TV? If not, are other channels affected?

Keep us posted

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

WhatBar
On our wavelength

If it helps mine is also doing this, although I'm in Wales so Channel 4 is on 108. Since the closure of the separate HD version 108 just sticks on SD, it never shows in HD quality at all.

Hi WhatBar,

Thank you, for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see 4HD isn't showing in HD, which box do you have, does it show 4HD on the screen?

Regards

Paul.

WhatBar
On our wavelength

Thanks for coming back to me Paul, I have the Stream box, and it does show 4HD in the logo in the corner.

@WhatBar wrote:

Thanks for coming back to me Paul, I have the Stream box, and it does show 4HD in the logo in the corner.

I must admit that I've noticed over the past few days that even though they are clearly branded "HD" feeds, the picture isn't particularly looking full of detail and crisp like it was on the Stream. I am thinking someone in VM engineering has tinkered to reduce bit rate (in hope of reducing customer''s who have lousy wifi to be able to cope better) and this is now the "quality" to expect. I really hope not though as Stream was way ahead of Freeview and v6/360 in terms of picture quality on both SD and HD originally...

At the time of my original reply to another poster, my CH4 HD feed looked OK, but then because CH4 has different feeds for different areas because of advertising reasons, my region may have been OK at the time.

my picture quality on 104 (ch4HD) is poor too. It’s somewhere between SD and HD, it isn’t sharp. Needs improving virgin. 

Hi MarcosG260492, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with the picture quality on Channel 4 channel. 

I've tried to check things this end to ensure all is well with your TV box but I've not been able to locate you on our systems using your forum credentials. 

Do you find the picture quality issue happening on just Channel 4 HD or are you finding this on all live channels? 

What about On Demand and Catch up content - do you have the same issues? 

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath, 

The only channel with poor/soft picture is Ch4 HD, is is showing as being in HD but the picture quality isn’t 1080 HD. It’s soft in quality and not up to HD standard. If you compare it to the freeview HD version there is no comparison. All my other channels are excellent quality - this appears to be an issue at point of delivery from VM as other customers appear to be having the same issue.