cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apollo 360 box buffering problems

Dinarius
Joining in

We’ve had the 360 box almost two weeks. It’s run from WiFi. The router is in an upstairs office. 
Running speed tests on my phone while standing next to the 360 in the downstairs tv room, I’m getting consistent speeds of 45-50 Mbps - enough to run the 360 without issues, I would have thought. 

So, why the regular buffering? It only happens on tv channels. Netflix is flawless. 

There is nothing else using the WiFi.

Any suggestions?

Thanks. 

D. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

If your box is the same as in the picture below you have a stream box and this post will be moved to the stream board and maybe a stream user might be able to offer some advice.Virgin-Media-Stream.jpg

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Is it buffering only on some channels and, if so, which ones.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

roy247
Community elder

If your box is the same as in the picture below you have a stream box and this post will be moved to the stream board and maybe a stream user might be able to offer some advice.Virgin-Media-Stream.jpg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Live TV is via the white coaxial cable on a 360 box and not via internet.

What onscreen error codes and messages do you see when the 360 is buffering?

EDIT The "Apollo" TV box is mentioned on this /www.boards.ie/  site ( 2021) which has  a link to /libertyglobal.com/operations/consumer-products/entertainment-products/ 

and appears to be the Stream box as indicated by @roy247 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

The worst buffering is Sky Sports 1. Sometimes a message appears saying, this channel cannot be watched now, try again later. But, other channels can do this too. E.g. RTÉ. Other times, it all works perfectly. 

Yes, it’s the stream box that I have. Thanks. D. 

Ps. As well as the buffering issues, I can’t record programs with this box. But, that’s a separate issue, I guess. 

D. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved this post to the Stream forum, however two alarm bells are ringing here.

1: There's reference in one reply to "Sky Sports 1" - no such channel in the UK, and RTE is an Irish channel.

2: Stream is a non-recording box, so if you're expecting to be able to record - you have the wrong product.

I suspect @Dinarius is a VM-Ireland user, not VM-UK which this forum is for. https://www.virginmedia.ie/ is your friend for Virgin Media Ireland

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

You are correct on all counts. Thanks.

On the issue of recording, I was told by VM Ireland that it was possible to record to cloud storage with this box, but it wasn't working for some users and "They're working on that." Hhhhhmmmmm.,..,.

Thanks again.

D.