cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjusting Subtitles Font & Background?

Morgoth
Tuning in

I want to tweak my ridiculously large subtitles with it's black background within my Stream box, but can't see where to do this? Am I missing something obvious within the interface?

Thanks .:. Walts

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

asim18
Fibre optic

Someone has asked the same question almost a year ago and got fobbed off with non-sequitir....

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Subtitle-options/td-p/5318729

If I was in charge of VM I'd have implemented this feature 20 years ago.

Would take me about 15-20 minutes to fully implement, but knowing VM will probably take minimum 5 years, if at all. Would love to be proven wrong.

About a decade ago, I asked VM if they would switch from teletext subtitles to HD subtitles, heard nothing back 10 years later. My £20 chinese satellite tuner had HD subtitles almost 15 years ago!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Morgoth,

Welcome back  to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

With your stream box, the subtitles you see, can you confirm what you are watching with these subtitles and If it is consistently the same type across different apps?

Joe

H Joe ... The subtitles I have an issue with are those outwith the Apps (Disney+, Netflix, etc), where they all can be tweaked to suit my preferences (ie size, background, etc).  All the Sky, national channels, etc, have no options within the Stream box to set how I want the subtitles to show on my tv?

I see others have been complaining about this feature already, so I'm not the first to bring this issue to Virgin's attention? When is this going to be sorted? .:. Walts

Hi @Morgoth, thank you for your response. 

You should be able to enable subtitles and audio description options by going to "Settings" then the "Profiles" section, or just press the three dots on your Stream remote to see accessibility options for the show you’re watching.

This is referred to on page 12 of the Stream user guide here

Please let us know how you get on.

Regards,
Daniel

Morgoth
Tuning in

Switching subtitles on/off is not the problem.

I want to tweak the subtitles so that the font size can be reduced and the black bg removed? .:. Walter

asim18
Fibre optic

Someone has asked the same question almost a year ago and got fobbed off with non-sequitir....

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Subtitle-options/td-p/5318729

If I was in charge of VM I'd have implemented this feature 20 years ago.

Would take me about 15-20 minutes to fully implement, but knowing VM will probably take minimum 5 years, if at all. Would love to be proven wrong.

About a decade ago, I asked VM if they would switch from teletext subtitles to HD subtitles, heard nothing back 10 years later. My £20 chinese satellite tuner had HD subtitles almost 15 years ago!

Hi @Morgoth, thank you for getting back to us.

We've raised this to the relevant team and we'll aim to provide a response to you as soon as possible.

Apologies for the delay.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi @Morgoth,

Just to let you know, we're continuing to chase this up and hope to get back to you shortly.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi @Morgoth,

We've continued to chase this up for you, but unfortunately it's become apparent there isn't anything we can do to rectify the situation in the foreseeable future. 

We’re always looking at ways in which we can make our products more accessible and when we have more information about future development, we’ll be sure to share that with customers. 

We completely understand this wasn't the response you were hoping for, but we thank you for your suggestion and will make sure it's passed along to the relevant teams. 

Regards,

Daniel