cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Stream to my contract

Outsidelane
Joining in

Afternoon all, a bit of help please.

So, long story short, I was sent a Stream box ages ago, before they officially came out. I must have been part of a trial or something (I think that I volunteered).

Anyway, within days of receiving the Stream box, the remote control stopped working. Virgin Media sent several replacements, but the whole concept of the Stream box must have been so new, VM customer services weren't aware of it (I did my best to explain). So they kept sending the wrong remote control. I wasn't paying for the service, so the Stream box went in the back of a cupboard and was forgotten about until very recently.

I stumbled across a Stream remote control on ebay and bought it to try out with my Stream box. Low and behold it works, so I'd like to add Stream to my contract (which is currently just M350 broadband).

Am I correct in thinking that adding the basic Stream TV service to my contract will be free of charge as I am just a broadband customer? I do realise that I can contact customer services to ask this, but after several attempts and a combined couple of hours on hold, I haven't been able to speak to anyone.

Thanks all.

1 REPLY 1

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Outsidelane,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post. 

We are glad to see you are interested in our Stream service. We are sorry to hear of the experience you have had trying to get help regarding this. Just to clarify, when you were part of the stream trail, did you have active services with Stream? To add Stream to your service and to find out all you need to know, please try the following link https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/stream

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs