cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

super hub broken ethernet ports

rfonline
On our wavelength

I need a new super hub 4 sent to me 3 ethernet ports are not working as it should be, i used the ethernet cable with sam knows on each ethernet port, 2 had almost no speed and the other didn't work and all only ethernet port 4 worked at 700Mbs less then it should be as i'm on 1gig i keep my super hub on all the time so family can use the internet 24/7 i can install it myself or you can arrange a engineer yet i prefer this sent to me to install myself free of charge

now virgin have put up the prices

13 REPLIES 13

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is the Hub in normal router mode - or in "modem mode" perhaps?  Is the wifi working ok?

Try a reset first ,,,, With the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press the reset pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker so log in and change them back to what they were/want them to be.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

rfonline
On our wavelength

no it's not in modem mode and 3 ethernet port still do not work

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did the reset not sort it ?

If not call it in as faulty and they will arrange a Tech visit to replace it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi rfonline, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your hub's ethernet ports. 

Running some checks this end, our systems have identified a short-term issue which may cause intermittent or performance related issues with your connection. These short-term issues can happen when we’re working to fix some other network issues in the area, or when we install a new home to our network. Due to this we would be unable to send an engineer at the moment as it would be cancelled due to the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience, and as we resolve most of these types of issues within 24 hours you should see an improvement in your connection soon.

In the meantime, can you please try replacing the ethernet cable to see if this is the problem? If you're still having the same issue in a few days, let us know so we can then look to book an engineer for you. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

rfonline
On our wavelength

3 ethernet ports are still not working on my hub 4 please send an engineer due to a faulty super hub 4 and i would like to request a hub 5 it said on copilot that The Hub 5 is available exclusively to customers on this plan gig1 plan so i expect him to replace my old hub 4 with a hub 5 i will also ask the engineer for a hub 5 so i get without the BS

rfonline
On our wavelength

i'm gonna call 150 today and request a engineer it's 2.48am here so i'm forced to wait for virgin media working hours

i,m not sure if i will get a reply from virgin media on a Sunday so i will be forced to call them

rfonline
On our wavelength

well i called 150 and they just told me to wait 24 hours how the hell is that gonna fix my hub 4 broken ethernet ports please can you please arrange an engineer to replace my hub 4 i don't care what hub i get just want it fixed i'm not calling 150 again as it was a waste of time

rfonline
On our wavelength

forget the engineer the ethernet ports are working if i give the cable a bit of a wiggle so i just have to use sticky tape to hold them in place 

rfonline
On our wavelength

why should i have this damaged hub 4 i gonna ring 150 today at 8am and demand a replacement hub

i just have to be more forceful with the woman on the phone