cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XGS-PON network - is my area upgraded?

djkav
Tuning in

Hello,

How do I know, or find out if my area has been upgraded to the XGS-PON network.

I'm currently on a Hub 4 with the 1gb package.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As far as I know at the moment XGS-PON is only in new areas. VM have not released any information about current areas being upgraded.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/04/virgin-media-uks-xgs-pon-full-fibre-upgrade-to-go-live...

Is informative and contains information from a public VM presentation. All details subject to change of course but roadworks make it obvious where areas are being upgraded.

A good 15%+ of the network is XGSPON ready now. Release subject to commercial considerations of course and as of today not released to any existing HFC areas. 

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Is anyone able to share a full postcode (or two) (not necessarily your own) where VM Xgs-pon is live and available please? 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@djkav wrote:

Hello,

How do I know, or find out if my area has been upgraded to the XGS-PON network.

I'm currently on a Hub 4 with the 1gb package.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

Best way is likely to be the postcode checker. 2gig + symmetrical is only being sold where XGS-PON is live. If you are not offered either, it's not available.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

IPFreely
Fibre optic

Absolutely nowhere on the cable network has had XGSPON released yet. Billing issues.