cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Defender trashing wifi download speeds.

iadom
Dialled in

I did a quick search to see if  this topic had been posted, if I have missed it please delete this thread.

last week I noticed a few problems with connectivity on my iPad. A speed test (Ookla) showed DL speeds around 40 to 60 mbps. I normally get 250 to 350 over wifi. I rebooted the hub to no avail. Then using the VM Connect app did a hub reset which still made no difference. I then spotted that using Ookla it was showing my provider as Microsoft Azure instead of VM and connecting to a London based server when it normally shows a Manchester one. A bit of digging online pointed me in the direction of Windows Defender and it’s ’Privacy protection’ feature. I did activate this a couple of weeks ago. I disabled this feature and my speeds are flying along once again.

3 REPLIES 3

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @iadom 

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for flagging this issue to us. We will pass this on to the relevant team to be looked into. We are however glad to see the issue has since been resolved. Please continue to monitor this and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Reinstall your PC

---------------------------------------------------------------

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Windows Defender works on an iPad. 

Every day is a learning day. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.