cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unacceptable upload speeds after package change (Volt 350 to Volt 250)

rowlf
Tuning in

Hello,

My Virgin media package recently changed from Volt 350 to Volt 250. I was previously happy with the service which is why I accepted a retentions deal at £19/month, as the decrease in speed to a "guaranteed" 132Mbps down & 13Mbps up (264/26 "typical") would still be fast enough for me.

However after the router re-synced today at the new package speeds I find I'm not getting the guaranteed speeds, especially for upload.

Is this likely to settle down and speed up, or do Virgin put customers who are paying less than their full rates in a "slow lane"?  I always got close to the advertised 362/36Mbps, never mind the "guaranteed" 181/18Mbps while I was on Volt 350. All the speed tests below were taken on my desktop while connected via ethernet.

rowlf_0-1714940593190.png

rowlf_2-1714940670723.png

rowlf_3-1714940732922.png

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Where did you see a guaranteed upload speed of 13 Mbps? 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

It's in the contract information sheet sent after a customer has agreed to sign up for a package with Virgin, required as per Ofcom rules

rowlf_0-1714942597951.png

I see now that it does actually say "minimum guaranteed download speed" in title of that line, though it also lists an upload speed and the ofcom rules refer to "A personalised minimum speed guarantee", without any mention of it just being for download.

In my case it's rather moot, because I'm not getting the minimum download speeds either, though they're significantly closer to the guaranteed speed than the upload speeds I'm seeing on most speed tests.

carl_pearce
Community elder

Please confirm what this site states:

https://samknows.com/realspeed/