cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symmetrical speeds Add on - not available

pob42
On our wavelength

Just been on live chat to try and add the symmetrical speeds to my Gig1 plan. 
Was told it wasn’t available to me as I’m still in contract. 
I thought this upload add on was only a 30 day rolling contract anyway so what difference does it make?

Yes, I’m in a XGS-PON area with a Hub 5x.

33 REPLIES 33

Cardiffman282
Super solver

That's what happens when you outsource your customer services to an offshoring outfit like Capgemini. The VM forum team might be able to help. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

pob42
On our wavelength

I've tried again to get this added to my account.  This time they said they could do it, but at £11 extra per month and not £6 extra that is advertised on the website.  I declined - really not sure what is going on.  Customer service really isn't that good - they just cut you off when you query the price.

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @pob42 👋

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies for the issues that you are having with the symmetric speeds, have you been able to resolve this since your post, or do you require further assistance/ 

Let us know. 

Sabrina

pob42
On our wavelength

No, live chat is being very unhelpful and saying anything from £17 extra per month, £11 extra per month or not available at all.  The latest live chat wanted me to send him a copy of my contract!

Martyn
Up to speed

Will be hoping to get this at some point, and I've been trialling 2gig for some time so with any luck it won't be as much agro as yours! 

Connection: Virgin FTTP Gig2 (XGSPON)

Martyn
Up to speed

any update?

Connection: Virgin FTTP Gig2 (XGSPON)

pob42
On our wavelength

None at all 😠

telfordcable
On our wavelength

lol, another **bleep**ty from VM

pob42
On our wavelength

Updated: I raised a formal complaint via their website. This is the response I received 

“After reviewing your account, I have tried adding it but unfortunately it isn't available on your account at the moment. I request you to contact our technical team on the below mentioned number or through Webchat so that they will try helping you out on this. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. The deals depends based on the availability.”

so, I’m still nowhere.